The GVC Celebrates their 25th Anniversary with an
Evening at the Farm
on Saturday, September 13, 2014, 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Cockeysville, Maryland | Center for Maryland Agriculture & Farm Park
All proceeds from this event benefits the GVC.
The Gunpowder Valley Conservancy, a non-profit organization, mobilizes people and resources to care for the lands, waters and character of the Gunpowder Watershed. Its emphasis is on land preservation, restoration, stream cleanups and education.
The GVC serves as a bridge connecting citizens with programs and information that can help them become better stewards of the natural and historical resources in our watershed.
- Our Calendar of Events - Workshops, tree plantings, stream cleanups and more!
- Learn about the resources and conditions of the Gunpowder Watershed.
- Find out about a Small Watershed Action Plan focused on the Loveton/Hunt Valley area.
- Learn what you can do to protect the environment Restoration Resources.
- Adopt a stream through our Stream Watch program.
- See the NCR Trail Map and Information
Sign up on our email list to receive email announcements about our upcoming events!
Email Peggy Perry and we will add you to the list.
If you'd like to donate funds to the GVC, please make your check out to "GVC" and mail it to:
Gunpowder Valley Conservancy
P.O. Box 9733
Towson, MD 21284
NOW AVAILABLE - DONATE ONLINE! - You can now donate online using PayPal's secure online donation system. All donations are tax deductible. Click the Donate button below and fill out the donation form.
The Gunpowder Valley Conservancy is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, donations to which are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
If you have tools, equipment, or materials that you'd like to donate to the GVC, please contact Charlie Conklin at:
Things we need include:
- Chemical monitoring tools (e.g. ruggedized thermometers, devices for measuring pH, ammonia, fecal coliform bacteria, turbidity, salt, nutrients, etc.)
- Biological monitoring tools (e.g. D-nets, strainer buckets, etc.)
- Tree planting tools and materials (shovels, planting tubes)
- GPS devices
- Laptop and Computer Projector